Video: Brake controller Install

As promised, here is the footage my roommate took of me installing the brake controller in my truck yesterday. This really isn’t an instructional video. At all. In fact, it’s a bit ridiculous. And man, is my hair frizzy. (Edit 9/13/2017: Old raw video has been replaced by a nicer, edited version.)

Related Posts

Forget about what the world tells you your life should be like. At IO I teach people how to ditch the status quo and go full-time RVing before retirement. Included at no additional charge: seizing your dreams, living boldly, and making a difference.

1. stephen on October 6, 2016 at 9:31 am

your video help me a lot. Thank for sharing it.

• Becky on October 7, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Glad you found this helpful Stephen!

2. Carolyn on December 23, 2011 at 11:05 am

Congratulations! A job well done!

3. Marvin on November 29, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Good Job !

Now you know to stay away from Camping World for most items.

The neat thing about RV’ers is that there is always help for a problem , or an idea for improvements .

All you need to do is ask .

• Becky on November 29, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Hello Marvin!

I’ve found the RVing community to be an exceptionally helpful and friendly group of people, I can’t wait to get on the road and hopefully get a chance to meet some of you folks. 🙂

As for the install, I was pretty proud of myself. Even if it was only a matter of plugging it in. But the fact that it was so simple made the cost of $89 for the install even more outrageous.

4. Mark Sundstrom on November 29, 2011 at 5:37 am

Becky – that’s pretty funny. Congratulations on getting that hurdle done. I was dealing with that same hurdle last summer – it was looking complicated, but in the end it was easy to install the brake controller (same model you have) in my new F-150, in the same dashboard slot as Ford installs theirs. And it works perfectly with my new 17′ Spirit Deluxe that I picked up in September.
    –Mark
    Mark Sundstrom recently posted..The first travel trailer adventureMy Profile

• Becky on November 29, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Glad to hear that you had no issues with yours Mark. Like you I’m going to have to wait a while yet to see if it actually works, the search for my Casita begins now. 😀

The reason why I went with that model (Tekonsha Prodigy P2) is because that one seemed most popular with Casita owners, so I figured hey, if it worked for them it’ll probably work for me too. 😛

• Mark Sundstrom on November 29, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Yeah, I saw the same research as you. Looks like a very solid unit.
        Good luck on your Casita search.
        I was just prepping my trailer for a 6 week trip today, leaving on Thursday. My first solo trip — I had a friend join me in September to help me bring it home from Texas. Really looking forward to that!
        –Mark
        Mark Sundstrom recently posted..The first travel trailer adventureMy Profile

• Becky on November 29, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Ooo a 6 week trip. I’m looking forward to when I’ll be able to do that! Safe travels and happy trails, I hope you have a great time. 🙂

Have practical RVing advice and inspirational travel stories sent straight to your inbox.

Your email is safe with me and you can unsubscribe anytime.