Get Togethers

get-togethers2

Met up with two IO readers today (yesterday I guess, for those folks who sleep at night), Rayn and Jonathan from Holding Intentional Space. When we arrived at the local park in Sparks, Rayn asked Julie and I if we were the kind of adults who still enjoyed playing on playgrounds, and I knew right then we were going to get along just fine.

get-togethers1

Rayn was the person I wrote my Seasonal Job Ethics post about last year, when the two of them were still in the planning phase of full-time RVing. Now they’re on the road and enjoying themselves immensely. I’m glad the lifestyle is working out for them and that we had a chance to meet.

It was blustery and sprinkled on and off, but the view of the Sierras covered in snow was beautiful (behind our heads in the first photo) and it’s nice to get outside after all the time cooped up in the RV or at work.

Other Articles You Might Enjoy

Home Stretch

December 16, 2013 | 26

There’s only one week left here at Amazon before I steer south into Texas and then over to Florida, I can’t wait. This week is for tying up loose ends before the next big drive. I’ve got to make sure I have travel friendly food on hand, start putting away and battening down items for…

Ehrenberg, AZ

February 23, 2016 | 28

With the ending of the Fiberglass rally in Quartzsite on the 15th, the last social gathering on my list for this winter is checked off. I could go anywhere from here, which is a very liberating feeling. It’s already getting into the mid 80’s during the day so I could start heading north. I’ve heard…

Donner Pass and Jelly Beans

December 23, 2014 | 26

Monday, December 22 Julie and I are up bright and early at 8 am. Okay, maybe 8 am isn’t bright and early to some of you, but for those of us who’ve been working nights the past two months, 8 am feels alien and unnatural. The fact that we got to bed at 8:30 pm…

1. Terri on December 17, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I would say it’s impossible to ride on swings and not have a good time. 🙂 Glad you were able to meet up with them.
    Terri recently posted..A New DirectionMy Profile

• Becky on December 17, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Unless the swings are built too narrow and squish my hips, haha. Luckily these were bigger ones.

2. Amber on December 8, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I love, love that you also still play on playgrounds! I hope I never reach an age where the simple joy of a swing set no longer delights me. Play on!
    Amber recently posted..POR 15 and a new gasket…My Profile

• Becky on December 10, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Heck yeah Amber! Except they don’t make monkey bars tall enough that I can hang from them without picking up my legs. Someone should do something about that for us older kids. 😉

3. dawn from camano island on December 5, 2014 at 7:00 am

Boy, have I ever gotten distracted this morning! I read this post–love that you guys play like kids! Then I read your post on work ethics–such a great conversation & still dont know for sure what I would do. Just read a bit of Rayn & Jonathan’s blog–didn’t find out if they applied for the NPS. Now, back here. Sheesh. Hope you’re doing well–you must be counting the days. Take good care.

• Becky on December 7, 2014 at 1:25 am

RVing blogs are like a rabbit hole Dawn, once you get started reading you can keep going further until the whole morning has passed.

The two of them did apply for the NPS but only got one hit and it wasn’t going to be a good match, it’s very hard to get in with the NPS which I’ve written about before on my seasonal job posts (which can be found under the Useful Links header).

• dawn from camano island on December 9, 2014 at 2:48 am

True enough, Becky! That rabbit hole catches me frequently. My guess is that it’s pretty easy to get a seasonal NPS job if you’re exchanging work for a space but work for $ is a different deal. I hope they persist.

• Becky on December 10, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I believe you’re correct Dawn, although I’ve never tried to volunteer with the NPS in exchange for a site so I can’t say for sure. I did try to get paid to work with the NPS my first year or so on the road, never even got close and I stopped trying.

4. Andrew on December 5, 2014 at 6:30 am

Hi, Becky,

I’m following your adventures with interest!

I wish your posts were longer. I’d like to read more about the people you meet and work with.

Good luck!

• Becky on December 7, 2014 at 1:22 am

Normally my posts are longer Andrew, but 50+ hour workweeks have got me cutting them back until Amazon is over. Only so many hours in the day. Thanks for reading IO!

5. Jodee Gravel on December 4, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Never, ever stop playing – swings, slides, teeter-totters, sprinklers, tag, hide-and-seek – I hope to always be that kind of adult 🙂 Glad you got to spend some time outdoors playing!
    Jodee Gravel recently posted..Why I’m ThankfulMy Profile

• Becky on December 7, 2014 at 1:20 am

It was good fun Jodee!

6. Dave on December 4, 2014 at 8:36 am

I still think you should come see Crater Lake. You’re so close.

• Becky on December 7, 2014 at 1:20 am

When I have time to really enjoy it Dave. Someday.

7. Maura on December 4, 2014 at 4:44 am

Very nice, glad ya all had some playtime!
    Maura recently posted..Just a Thought on the Christmas SeasonMy Profile

• Becky on December 7, 2014 at 1:19 am

Even grownups need recess time now and again. 😉