Photo: Downtown Decatur

Wise County Courthouse in Decatur, TX

Wise County Courthouse

Went with coworkers to eat at Xchan Thai House in downtown Decatur, TX after work yesterday and grabbed this photo of the courthouse as the sun was setting. I’ve put in 53 hours this week, although the 5th day was voluntary instead of mandatory this time. I’m continuing to grab as much overtime as I can and dreaming of my first boondocking trip to the southwest after Amazon is done. The desert is calling…

Other Articles You Might Enjoy

Mountain Moods

August 19, 2016 | 30

My current camp near Steamboat Springs CO is, in my opinion, the prettiest I’ve ever had. The sweeping views at the top of this hill are incredible and I just can’t get enough of it. It’s been a stormy few days up here at 10,000 feet and today I’d like to share some of the pictures…

Photo: What’s Yours?

November 19, 2014 | 27

Photo: Blue Skies

October 26, 2015 | 18

Those of you who’ve been following me at least a year know that when Amazon starts piling on the overtime that the two or three hours I get that aren’t devoted to work or sleeping are devoted to eating, showering, and relaxing, and time is at a premium. Well, the Receive department is on mandatory overtime,…

1. Joan on November 25, 2015 at 9:31 am

Becky,

I did your planned trip for after Amazon last Jan and Feb. Spent 8 weeks wandering around southern Arizona and southern California. Did the RV show at Q and then came back to the Casita rally in Feb. Loved Borrego Springs! Spent two days just driving and seeing all the sculptures! The Anza-Borrego Desert state park is beautiful there! Visited Death Valley too. Fit it in if you can, but I know there has been some flood damage there so check before you go. Don’t miss Joshua Tree National, as its on the way…take the Box canyon exit off of I-10, right is Joshua Tree and left is the short cut to Salton Sea. Amazing views! The Salton sea was sad to see and it is getting worse. Make sure you have full propane tanks it does get cool at night. You will love every minute of it! I will return! =)

• Becky on November 26, 2015 at 12:31 pm

I’m sure I will enjoy it Joan. I saw Death Valley and Joshua Tree last year but I do want to go back and they’re both pretty in their own way. My propane heater has arrived and I can’t wait to try it out. Have a good winter!

2. Christi on November 23, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Awesome picture! If walls could talk. . .

Bless you. I know you are exhausted! But think of those long days ahead boondocking with no worries. . . .

• Becky on November 24, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Yeah it’ll be worth it in the end. 🙂

3. Steve w. (sdw) on November 20, 2015 at 10:28 am

Hi Becky

Just wondering where in the southwest you were planning on going to boon-dock?

• Becky on November 20, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Several different places Steve, will be bouncing around. Q and Borrego Springs for sure.

• Jim@HiTek on November 23, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Huh. I’m heading to the Salton sea tomorrow myself. It’s gonna be nice and warm there. After a week think I’ll head on down to Mexico. But, I do what I want {snap}.

Did you know that the Salton Sea is like 226 feet below sea level? Neat. (Borrego Springs is at 500 feet). Just think, you can drive just a bit and experience high desert, then Death Valley type weather. All in one day! Oh, and the Sea is right on the San Andreas fault line too.
        Jim@HiTek recently posted..Heading South…after Gold Beach…My Profile

• Becky on November 24, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Have fun Jim!

4. Frank on November 19, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Can’t speak for the rest of the U.S. but Texas has many cool courthouses. I thought a coffee table book of all the court houses in Texas would be a great idea.

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 9:08 pm

That would be pretty neat Frank.

5. Teri Live Oak, Fl on November 19, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Did you get your battery issue fixed or did I miss that?

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 9:09 pm

The charger in my converter is bad Teri, it’s not putting out enough volts to fully charge the battery. I’ve ordered a new one and will talk about the installation when it arrives.

6. Jodee Gravel on November 19, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Beautiful tones – what a nice extra gift while taking a breather!!
    Jodee Gravel recently posted..The Excitement of Being Responsible AdultsMy Profile

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Yeah, caught it at the perfect time of day Jodee. 🙂

7. Jim Schmechel on November 19, 2015 at 11:27 am

Yum, Thai food! Keep your eyes on the prize. The light you see at the end of the tunnel is not much further away. If it is any consolation, the desert (at least where I am) has been cooler than normal and very windy lately. So you are not missing much.
    Jim Schmechel recently posted..Central Coast CaliforniaMy Profile

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 9:06 pm

As long as that light at the end of the tunnel isn’t an oncoming train Jim. 😉

Sorry to hear the weather hasn’t been as nice there, I hope it improves!

8. Jim@HiTek on November 19, 2015 at 10:02 am

FYI, the strongest el nino on record in position now to send mass quantities of rain and cold weather to the desert SW. Jan-Apr. Not enough rain to fix California’s 4 year long drought though.

Mexico looks pretty good for winter weather this year. You have fun tho… 🙂
    Jim@HiTek recently posted..Housekeeping…My Profile

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 9:04 pm

According to the Farmer’s Almanac, Texas and New Mexico are suppose to have a very wet and chilly winter, Arizona and southern Cali are not which would be nice for me but not good for the drought. We’ll see how it works out.

9. Pete W on November 19, 2015 at 7:26 am

Becky- 53 hours? Just keep swimming.

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Money money money money…

10. Ron on November 18, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Neat old building, Brownstone? Your blog opened fine for me this time.
    Ron

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 8:59 pm

Interesting Ron, I wonder what the problem was before. I’m not sure what the building material was but now I’m curious…

• David Greybeard on November 29, 2015 at 9:31 pm

Pink Granite. All kinds of marble on the inside. It’s a great building. I was there in 2012 and was able to walk through freely, since it is still the working courthouse. They do offer organized tours, but even if you are passing through, it’s worth a quick stop and walk around the square.

• Becky on December 1, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Cool David, thanks for sharing. One mystery solved. 🙂

11. John on November 18, 2015 at 8:59 pm

That’s the way to do it! You are earning a living off other American’s desire to buy and own “things”. Ironically, you don’t do that!

• Becky on November 19, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Ironically, I spent most of this week’s paycheck (over $500) at Amazon today John, haha! But they were all purchases I’d been planning for years really, to get the Casita ready for boondocking. Well, that and a new converter since my old one went kaput.

I’m just looking at it like Amazon paid me in solar this week and not in dollars.