Photo: Texas Sunset

photo-texas-sunset

Working the 11th hour at Amazon and getting out at 5:30 pm does have one advantage, we’re treated to views like this on the way home. Sunset in the business district of Haslet this past Saturday. This was taken from a moving vehicle, so you’ll have to excuse the fuzziness.

I love how “wide” the sunsets seem here in Texas, I suppose it’s the open country. Where have you seen your favorite sunset(s)?

Thank you for doing your usual Amazon shopping using my affiliate link.

Other Articles You Might Enjoy

Photo: Home Free

December 22, 2015 | 51

Today was my last day of work, woohoo! I’ve had a good season at Amazon here in Haslet, TX but I’m definitely ready to move on and try boondocking out in the desert this winter for the very first time. But first, some housekeeping. I’ll be in Boyd RV Park until the morning of the…

Photo: Out Early

December 19, 2014 | 18

Last night at Amazon, we got about three hours of work in before running out of stuff to do. The managers called all us campers down to the standup area, and while they couldn’t legally tell us to “go home”, they strongly suggested it. So after confirming that we still got our bonus if we…

Photo: Have A Life

November 10, 2014 | 12

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to have a life.

1. Ed Brownfield on December 25, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Becky, if you like the sunsets in Texas just wait until you see the sunsets in AZ. And the clear night sky in AZ is also spectacular, great for star gazing. Both are spectacular, if you have any interest in astronomy you will love AZ! Enjoy the trip out!

• Becky on December 28, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Thanks Ed, those sunsets are sounding really good after two days of bad weather. 🙂

2. TravelBug-Susan on December 14, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Our favorite sunrises and sunsets have been on our way to and from work at amazon.com in Fernley, NV (staying 30 minutes away in Fallon, NV).

Also we had the most gorgeous sunsets from the back of our home overlooking the Willamette River near Wilsonville, Oregon. We lived in that location for 11 years.
    TravelBug-Susan recently posted..Port of Call: Roatan, Honduras – Wed., Dec. 2, 2015My Profile

• Becky on December 15, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I worked at the Fernley location last year Susan but nights, it was dark both ways for my drive.

Oregon is definitely on my list, looking forward to getting up there. 🙂

3. Terri on December 13, 2015 at 9:35 am

It’s what I love about the southwest – the wide open spaces. The sunsets out here are pretty amazing too. And i love sunsets over mountainous areas, too. Especially in the desert, the mountains usually turn a lovely shade of pink.

So are you liking Texas, compared to the other Amazon locations you have worked? Is this the warmest spot of all the options? (If so, I know where I am applying to work next fall.)
    Terri recently posted..ThankfulMy Profile

• Becky on December 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm

I learned at Yellowstone that that pretty pink color you see on the tops of mountains after the sun has already set at the valley floor is called “alpenglow”, it is very beautiful. 🙂 Looking forward to some desert sunsets coming up!

To be honest, I’d rate my experience at each site to be about the same, I haven’t preferred one over another as far as job, work environment, etc. But yes, Texas is the warmest (still can get below freezing at night) of them, also the wettest although it sounds like that’s something of a fluke.

4. JimS on December 12, 2015 at 5:59 pm

We don’t have great sunsets here in the mountains, comparatively. I’ve always thought Midwest sunsets were the nicest. Wide and they seem to last forever, with nothing in the way.

I remember when our kids were little, we took them to a Laura Ingalls Wilder festival of sorts, somewhere just outside small town South Dakota, in an open field. It was at least 10pm before it was completely dark.

• Becky on December 12, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Good memories Jim. 🙂 I never got great sunsets where I was in Wisconsin because it was all trees.

This past summer I noticed while the sunset was a pretty quick afair in Yellowstone, the glow you got afterward lasted a long time. Took quite a while for it to get dark there too – was quite neat.

5. Bill on December 11, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Good old Boyd. Left high school there in 1973 and never looked back. I’ll retire in 11 months, after traveling most of my adult business life… so what next, yep, going to man an egg and hit the road. Seen a lot of places I can’t wait to go back to. Can’t wait. I live in Granbury about 40 miles from your current ‘spot,’ it’s not all rock quarry’s! :). Be safe, watch those Boyd yellow jackets and continue allowing us to share your travels.

• Becky on December 12, 2015 at 7:05 pm

It’s a cute little town Bill, I’ve enjoyed my time here. Congrats on your upcoming retirement and enjoy your Casita (or whatever egg trailer you decide on) when you do!

And you’re welcome. 🙂

6. Linda Sand on December 10, 2015 at 8:34 pm

I agree with Roger; the sunsets I’ve seen while boondocking in Arizona are the best I’ve seen anywhere stateside.

• Becky on December 11, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for sharing Linda. 🙂 I can’t wait to see them for myself!

7. Rob on December 9, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Thanks for sharing..we are heading to Texas for the winter

• Becky on December 9, 2015 at 6:51 pm

It’s such a varied state Rob, there’s a lot to see. Enjoy. 🙂

8. Jim Schmechel on December 9, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Thank you for sharing Becky. I am seeing some very nice sunsets in Yuma, Arizona lately.
    Jim Schmechel recently posted..South DakotaMy Profile

• Becky on December 9, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Glad to hear it Jim, enjoy!

9. Roger on December 9, 2015 at 10:30 am

I believe Quartzsite Az. has some great sunsets.

• Becky on December 9, 2015 at 6:50 pm

I’ve heard that Roger, can’t wait to see for myself.

• Les Young on December 11, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Becky,

You will be amazed at the unbelievable sunrises and sunsets in Quartzsite. We will be there after our stint at Amazon Haslet is over (after we head back to Livingston to do some business). We will be in LA Posa South around 1/9 and will be working the Escapees booth at the Big Tent.

Great blog BTW.

Best Regards,

Les and Sue Young

• Becky on December 11, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Hello Les and Sue,

Wow, so many people I know are going to be there, should be a fun time. 🙂 I’m tentatively planning to arrive at Q on the 5th, don’t know exactly where I’ll be setting up yet but of course I’ll share here once I know.

I’m looking forward to the Great Tent, sounds like quite the spectacle. 🙂

10. marty chambers on December 9, 2015 at 9:44 am

I remember the sunsets in Texas when I was stationed in Austin with the Air Force back in 1971. But I have one location for sunsets that is good competition.

I went from Texas to Ishima Okinawa in 1972. Ishima is a five mile by seven mile island off of Okinawa’s north-west side. This is the Island that war correspondent Ernie Pyle was killed on, there is a monument to him there.

On this mostly flat island is a small mountain of sorts that is a few hundred feet high and has a flat top that is around 1000 square foot in size. We GI’s would go there and party at night dragging our stereos, beer, and food to the top.

In the evening we enjoyed the sunset to the west over China and party until the sunrise the next morning in the east. Because there is nothing but ocean all around Ishima the sunsets were glorious. I cannot remember any sunsets as intense.

Now I live in Florida and worked on the Gulf a great deal and have seen some rather impressive sunsets but the ones in Okinawa seemed much more intense.

Of course I never was smart enough to take pictures of my adventures, young and stupid I guess.

• Becky on December 9, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Interesting story Marty thanks for sharing. Florida did have some nice sunsets, I had the pleasure of volunteering there early in 2014, but I can see where the top of a mountain with ocean on both sides would be amazing.

11. JanisP Not in Ecuador on December 9, 2015 at 7:57 am

WOW, that’s eye-popping! I’m entering TX today, headed for NM & AZ! Hope to see some of these fantastic sunsets.
    JanisP Not in Ecuador recently posted..Day 2 – Simsboro, LAMy Profile

• Becky on December 9, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Have a good trip Janis! I hope you find some good sunsets along the way.

12. SMBalmer on December 9, 2015 at 6:01 am

We saw the most beautiful sunset while driving through Illinois on our way to pick up our new teardrop camper.

• Becky on December 9, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Nice SMB, enjoy your new camper! I saw a good one in Illinois several years ago on my first road trip out of college, I’ll never forget it. 🙂

13. FrugalRVGals on December 9, 2015 at 5:36 am

I couldn’t agree with you move. Texas has the best sunsets!
    FrugalRVGals recently posted..Oh Deer! Do You See What I See?My Profile