Taking A Break

taking-a-breakThe short of the matter is things didn’t work out with with the rescue dog. She’s a good dog, the problem was mine. I feel really awful about the whole situation, and I need a break from the internet for a while to heal. I won’t be responding to comments on this post and will not be reachable through e-mail or Facebook unless it’s an emergency. Take care everyone and I’m sorry, I’ll be back when I can.

Other Articles You Might Enjoy

AAQ: Reading on the Road and Fantasy/Sci-fi Book List

November 16, 2016 | 32

While working at Amazon this holiday season, I’m running a weekly “Ask A Question” post since I’m not sightseeing much and have limited time to write. Have a question you’d like answered? Read more about AAQ here. Today Pshorten asks: “I’m an avid reader and would like to know what sort of books you read…

Thinking Out Loud

July 27, 2012 | 22

Yesterday I did a good bit of thinking about what day I should give as my last at The Job. I need to be in Coffeyville on the 28th of September, and I’d like to get South Dakota residency set up before then. The current tentative plan has me off work by September 13, which…

Quick Announcement

February 9, 2017 | 11

Public Service Announcement: I’m going to be tent camping in Mexico from Friday through Sunday and will be out of touch during that time, although I may be able to put a picture up occasionally on social media by utilizing others’ internet. So don’t worry if you don’t hear from me for a couple days.…

1. Becky on May 10, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Just wanted to say thanks everyone. Won’t be responding to all comments and e-mails individually but I appreciate all your support. I’m feeling better after my long weekend off.

2. rvbrucrew on May 10, 2016 at 10:29 am

Take all the time you need to heal. Wish there were something we could say or do to ease your pain. No explanation is needed or necessary. You made a difficult choice. No judgment. Hugs and prayers for you during this difficult time.

3. Karen - SC on May 9, 2016 at 6:41 pm

So sorry to hear this. Good luck and know we are thinking of you.

4. Anne P on May 9, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Becky,

Even though it’s very hard, deciding sooner rather than later that it won’t work is so very much better (and kinder) for the pup and for you. So kudos for you for making a difficult decision in a timely way.

5. Thom on May 9, 2016 at 12:34 pm

We have a saying around here; it goes “It is what it is”. You did the important thing in that once you realized that the situation was a mistake, you took actions to immediately rectify it and do what was right for you and the dog. That takes courage.
    You had good intentions. My advice is to learn from this, put it behind you and move forward with your life.

6. Ernesto Quintero on May 8, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Close friends of Becky that are reading this comment, please support/assist Becky any way you can, thanks. Also let her know her web friends want her to take as much time off from blogging as she wants.

P.S. tell Becky people are leaving 🙂 at the end of their comments. 🙂

7. Bodhi on May 8, 2016 at 12:26 pm

I’m so sorry.

8. Larry on May 8, 2016 at 10:13 am

You are loved. Take care of yourself. You are not alone. Many of us are there in spirit and will be there for you not just in spirit if you need anything.

9. Terri Kelly on May 8, 2016 at 9:24 am

Compassion. Don’t beat yourself up over this. It wasn’t the right decision. You were honest about it. Good.

10. Space Ranger on May 7, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Kudos for recognizing that it wasn’t working out and taking decisive action. It’s hard … but you know in your heart that you made the right decision. Remember, we all make the best decisions that we can given the information available to us at the time. And sometimes that information changes later on…so, don’t beat yourself up!

11. John J on May 7, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Sorry to hear that the adoption didn’t work out for you. I just wish you the best in moving on from this. Take your time for healing and please don’t be hard on yourself!

12. Norm H. on May 7, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Take time for your soul to heal. You will know when the time is right for you to return to the blog. Cyber hugs.

13. maria levy on May 7, 2016 at 3:07 pm

We human spirits all know the deep well of sorrow that we sink into at times. I am sorry you are going through this pain. You have so many people sending prayers, thoughts, and healing. May this be enough to help you through.

14. Jodee Gravel on May 7, 2016 at 2:23 pm

I wasn’t feeling it so am not surprised that you weren’t either. Don’t beat yourself up, you both deserve to be with your “right” companion. Enjoy the Delta, water is always healing.
    Jodee Gravel recently posted..An aMayzing DayMy Profile

15. Carol on May 7, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I have been a subscriber and have read your blog for a long time. I so enjoy your writing, your maturity for one so young, and your intelligence. I have never commented before, but I need to ask you not to beat yourself up. I know the feeling. I recently adopted a little dog, and I returned her because I was afraid my lifestyle versus her personality would lead to her death. I’m not a fulltime traveler, but I do travel and I camp often. Shelby was very fearful of change and wiggled out of three different harnesses and a spiked training collar while in campgrounds. I returned the dog rather than put her life at further risk. It is imperative we do what is best for the animal regardless of the pain it causes us. I know you’re hurting, but when your heart aches remember you did what was best for the dog. On a happy note, Shelby was adopted the same day I returned her. A widow who had recently lost her husband had also lost her dog. It was instant love between the widow and Shelby. There’s a perfect match out there for Piper as well, and she will find her match because you were brave enough to let her go. Live Deliberately!! That’s a quote from someone I greatly admire.

16. gayle maria on May 7, 2016 at 11:45 am

I used to think, “Becky is a brave woman RVer.” Now, I KNOW you are a brave woman.

17. Ron on May 7, 2016 at 11:33 am

We admire and support whatever decisions you think are best for you. Don’t be sad.

18. Dawn from Camano Island on May 7, 2016 at 11:21 am

What very wise Biz Crate said. My heart is with you, Becky.

19. Jill on May 7, 2016 at 9:52 am

Take as much time as you need. You are loved!

20. Dianne on May 7, 2016 at 8:56 am

I’m sorry it didn’t work. I enjoy reading your blog and admire your honesty. It takes guts to be so open.
    Some things just aren’t meant to be and the only way to find out is to try.
    I will look foward to reading your blog in the future.

21. Fireman Steve on May 7, 2016 at 7:52 am

A great big hug to you Becky..

22. Arthur Bode on May 7, 2016 at 7:47 am

You have brightened many days for me with your gentle sharing. I’ll miss our brief encounters.

Arthur

23. Sandy on May 7, 2016 at 7:46 am

There are lots of wonderful comments before mine, Becky. All I can add is that you are a good person and have done the right thing if you feel it wasn’t right.

24. Biz Crate on May 7, 2016 at 6:52 am

Every time we make the decision to love someone, we open ourselves to great suffering, because those we most love cause us not only great joy but also great pain. The greatest pain comes from leaving. When the child leaves home, when the husband or wife leaves for a long period of time or for good, when the beloved friend departs to another country or dies … the pain of the leaving can tear us apart.
    Still, if we want to avoid the suffering of leaving, we will never experience the joy of loving. And love is stronger than fear, life stronger than death, hope stronger than despair. We have to trust that the risk of loving is always worth taking.
    ― Henri J.M. Nouwen

You love well – both in the welcoming and in the good bye-ing. You’ve done well, the best you possibly could. You are both going to be just fine.

25. Claudia on May 7, 2016 at 5:38 am

Hello Becky,

I work in rescue and this is not uncommon. That’s why we have a two week trail period.
    Please don’t beat yourself up. Take your time off but it is not your fault.

Hugs.

26. Dawn in MI on May 7, 2016 at 5:37 am

I’m very sorry that it didn’t work. Please don’t beat yourself up, this is a time to reflect and then let go. Hugs.

27. Megan on May 7, 2016 at 5:32 am

It’s difficult to take care of a dog while on the road and it took courage to try it and admit that it isn’t meant to be in this time of your life. Some day, my friend, you will have the time and energy but, for now, heal well. I look forward to reading about your adventures when you’ve healed your heart. Namaste.

28. Gary Martin on May 7, 2016 at 5:17 am

Think of that song by Adele…what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

29. Ironbutttom on May 7, 2016 at 4:53 am

Sorry to hear that, better luck in the future. Everything happens for a reason , hope you bounce back and continue your blog. But hey we all need a vacation from time to time so chill and relax….. We your “minnions” will miss you but because we care ,we understand….
    Till we meet again …..BE HAPPY…..

30. MB from VA on May 7, 2016 at 4:32 am

I’m sorry.

31. Jerry & Karen on May 7, 2016 at 4:26 am

Becky,
    Have always enjoyed your blog. When ready to pick it up do what you do best, tell it as it is and move forward. Life has its good times and not so good., but we try to learn from the experience. You will do that. Will be thinking of you.

Jerry & Karen

32. Tina on May 7, 2016 at 12:47 am

Hi Becky,

Take time to yourself, big hug and don’t be hard on yourself about this. See you later.

Tina

33. Rick Norman on May 6, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Don’t beat yourself up over this situation. You have so many uplifting and inspiring qualities that we all enjoy so I hope you will focus on the positive and move forward. That’s what you would encourage us to do. Thanks.

34. Marina on May 6, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Becky,

I have been reading your blog for ages with the hope that one day I would be a full time rv’er. Here’s the thing though … what we often think/wish will happen sometimes does not manifest as we thought/hoped it would. So there’s the preface…

I cried when I read your latest post; not for the lucky girl that got to spend time with you, but I could feel what you were going through. It’s all good, sweetie. You both had an experience that you had to share and both of you are better for it. Know it doesn’t feel that way right now but she will be fine and so will you.

Sending hugs your way,
    Marina

35. Luna on May 6, 2016 at 7:31 pm

I realize you’re taking a break and won’t be replying, but I just want to say that I’m sending you good, healing vibes. I’m sure it took guts to acknowledge your feelings and deal with things – kudos to you for that. It will be great to “see” you again whenever you post again.

Hugs from a fan

36. Howard on May 6, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Becky,

I’m sorry this didn’t work out for you. You did the right thing, imho, by returning her when you realized it wasn’t going to work. I really respect your courage in making such a tough decision.

Howard

37. Sheila Hagadone on May 6, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I’m sorry this has happened.

38. Pamelab on May 6, 2016 at 11:46 am

Becky – We don’t know how we will feel in a certain situation until we are in it. Been there myself. Have a good break and I look forward to reading your blog whenever you feel like posting again.
    Happy Trails.