Computer Issues – Don’t Panic!

Hello everyone! My laptop refused to boot up this evening when I went to write today’s post (I’m doing this on my phone).

It being the weekend (why does stuff always break on the weekend?), I can’t take it in anywhere to get looked at until Monday evening after work and who knows how long it’ll take to actually fix. So don’t worry if you don’t hear from me for a few days. I’ll be back when I can.

Other Articles You Might Enjoy

The Only Predictable Thing is Change

January 16, 2012 |

Time for another mid-month update on my plans, and this one is pretty significant. As I have mentioned in comments a couple times, I gave my 2.5 weeks notice last week to the job I hate. My last day there is going to be the 27th, hooray! There’s just a couple things to work out…

Plans For the Rest of 2017

August 29, 2017 |

Time for another one of my ‘semi-regular’ updates on my plans for this fall and winter, as several people have asked. I’ll keep this short and sweet so you all can get caught up and then back to enjoying these last few days of summer. As always, my plans are written in jello and subject…

Technical Difficulties

May 14, 2014 |

Hello all! This little post is just to inform you that my laptop is not working right now, so it might be a bit before regular blog updates continue. I myself am doing just fine, I just have no easy way to get online. Hopefully I’ll be able to get things sorted quickly, in the…

1. Laurie on October 23, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Hi, we were staying at a Koa when our indoor cat got outside. She’s a rescue who’s terrified of outside and was too scared to let us get close enough to catch her. After the second night out we bought a trap, set it with her favorite toy and some food. In the morning the trap was tripped, and empty of food, cat and toy. We think she may have been taken by a lady who ‘helped’ us look for her. She has been full timing with her construction working husband. The site was in St Mary’s, Georgia but they’re home base is elsewhere. We’re desperate to get our cat back. We can prove ownership and loving care but we need the RV communities help to find her. Can you help get our story out?

• Becky on October 24, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Do you have a picture or good description of the cat? Was she wearing a collar or have any other identifying marks?

Your best bet may beto make this announcement on the big RVing communities like RV.net (they even have a pet section) and Escapees, and larger Facebook RVing groups. You may even be able to put a notice on RVillage.com which has a pretty big user base these days.

Best of luck!

2. Becky on October 20, 2016 at 7:43 pm

To everyone I didn’t respond to personally, thanks for the advice and well-wishes. My laptop is working again, more about that on today’s post. I should be back to responding to comments and e-mails regularly again now.

3. Ernesto T on October 20, 2016 at 7:38 pm

@Mark, here on win7, my pc was extremely slow/freezing, after an update, a month ago, I used the system restore/recovery tool. It worked.

4. Ernesto T on October 20, 2016 at 6:46 pm

5. Misty on October 20, 2016 at 11:01 am

It never rains but it pours. 🙁

If you’re still having laptop issues, I wanted to let you know that I still have my old PC laptop. The battery is kind of shot, but you can use it while plugged into an outlet. I really only use it for Photoshop and if I want to use Dragon dictation for writing, so if you need something to get you through until you replace the other one, I can send it to you.

Just let me know!
    Misty recently posted..If you want greater diversity you should hate Richonne, and here’s whyMy Profile

• Becky on October 20, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Thanks very much for the offer Misty, it’s fixed and working again. 🙂 I’m envious of your Photoshop though, I discovered when I went to reinstall mine that my disc has gone bad.

6. Mark on October 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Hey, it might be these recent microsoft updates that just got installed, like 2 to 3 days ago. It was an extensive update, and took my laptop about 1 hour to install it, and since then I have had to do two cold reboots due to freezing. (using Windows 10).

7. maria levy on October 17, 2016 at 6:13 am

Thank you for letting us know. I think many of us would start to worry if we didn’t hear from you. I hope it is an easy fix.

8. Dawn in MI on October 16, 2016 at 11:39 am

Thanks for the uodate…I hope it’s nothing too bad.
    Dawn in MI recently posted..Inspired to be kindMy Profile

9. Adrienne on October 16, 2016 at 10:11 am

Try taking the battery out and putting it back in again. Worked for me!

10. Bob Bryant on October 16, 2016 at 7:50 am

Hi Becky,
    Being a retired software engineer and a bit of a computer nerd, I would suggest you look at Spinrite ( https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm ) which many people have used to fix HD problems which result in a computer not being able to boot. Spinrite can be used as a PM program for your computer to keep your HD in top shape or to warn you of impending problems.

About me: We presently have a 97 26′ Coachman Class C which fits our (My wife and I with 2 doggies) needs. We tried a Casita ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/sc_bobnpat/6387601553/in/album-72157629896982221/ ) in 2011 and found it didn’t work for us 🙁 Keep up the good work at Amazon as we live in an rural area and Amazon/UPS delivers!

• Becky on October 20, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Welcome to IO Bob. Sorry the Casita didn’t work out for you two but glad the Coachman is.

The computer is fixed now, more about that in today’s post!

11. RGupnorth on October 16, 2016 at 4:26 am

Amazing how tied we are technology. How is it going being back at work? You went from having your day for yourself, to giving up the bulk of your day to work.

• Becky on October 20, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Not particularly fun RG but I need money to travel so it’s a necessary evil and not something I dwell on.

12. Rodolfo M Tenorio on October 16, 2016 at 4:11 am

😞

13. Steve P on October 16, 2016 at 3:39 am

Thanks Becky for letting us know, hope you get it fixed soon. Have a nice day anyways.

14. lindaanmike on October 15, 2016 at 11:18 pm

you no we will be here .

15. Jeff on October 15, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Arg! It is frustrating when the infrastructure does not behave. Hang in there, as your readers await the solution.