While working at Amazon this holiday season, I’m running a weekly “Ask A Question” post since I’m not sightseeing much and have limited time to write. Have a question you’d like answered? Read more about AAQ here.
Today I have answers to several shorter questions I’ve been asked lately. Are you ready? Here we go.
Lara asks: Recently you wrote about what your typical boondocking day is like. I’m curious how different it is from when you are at a campground?
It depends Lara. If I’m at a campground to sightsee, it’s not a whole lot different from the boondocking day: Work on the computer in the morning, chores/trip to town/go out and something in the afternoon, read in the evening after a walk around the campground. Although if I have hookups I may microwave my meals and I tend to stay up later as the space heater will keep the Casita cozy even on cold nights and I don’t need to worry about power so I can play on the computer after the sun goes down.
If I’m at a campground work-camping, my schedule is very similar to what it was living stationary: Get up, get ready for work, gone most of the day, come home, have supper, work on blog, read a little before bed. Weekend days are more relaxed, that’s when I go out hiking or visiting nearby attractions, but I need to work it in around laundry and groceries and such.
Gary asks: How long do you see yourself living this lifestyle?
Until I find something else I want to do more. 🙂
No really, I haven’t put it on any sort of timeline. Maybe I’ll be an RVer for twenty years or more. Maybe in two years I’ll feel a strong call to do something else. I am planning to mix in some international travel in the future as that’s something I’ve always wanted to do too.
Meg asks: Do you have a list of other good online communities for fulltime RVers and people who are planning to fulltime?
Here are the communities I am a part of now/used when I was preparing to hit the road, there are plenty more out there though (note, I’m focusing on the community aspect of each group, where you can talk to others):
- RVillage https://www.rvillage.com/home
- Escapees RV Network http://www.rvnetwork.com/
- RV.net http://www.rv.net/forum/
- For molded fiberglass trailers:
- Fiberglass RV http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/
- The Casita Forum http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/
- Casita Club http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/
- Nu RVers https://www.facebook.com/groups/NuRVers and http://www.nurvers.com/
- Women Who RV https://www.facebook.com/groups/173026182147/
- Xscapers https://www.facebook.com/groups/xscapers/
- FTRVing https://www.facebook.com/groups/ftrving/
- Workampers https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveworkamping/
Rather than having some people feel left out by inevitably forgetting some of the blogs I know of (there’s only time in the day to follow so many of them), I’ll instead put this link in to Hitch Itch, which has a vast collection of blogs listed along with blurbs on what they’re about: http://hitchitch.com/links.html
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!