Snapshots of a Wisconsin Summer

I’ve been busy putting the finishing touches on the first round of videos going live on the 14th, so enjoy some photos from my summer in Wisconsin. Have a good week, and see you all on Thursday for the big reveal!

At my parent’s house

Minocqua, WI

Clear Lake State Park

Carol Lake near Woodruff, WI

Ducks in Madison

A rainbow over the state capitol

A storm rolling in over the Ice Age Trail near Verona

Summerfest grounds in Milwaukee

Peninsula State Park on the shore of Lake Michigan

My dad’s old tractor, still runs fine.

On the family fishing boat at Nepco Lake in Wisconsin Rapids

Related Posts

Forget about what the world tells you your life should be like. At IO I teach people how to ditch the status quo and go full-time RVing before retirement. Included at no additional charge: seizing your dreams, living boldly, and making a difference.

1. James Williams on October 7, 2017 at 6:25 am

Your parentโ€™s house is really nice Becky. I wish I could live a place like that.

• Becky on October 7, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Oh, the captions are below the pictures. That building isn’t my parent’s house, although it is a very nice building, and my parents do have a pretty nice house!

2. John on September 18, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Great photos, thanks for sharing them. I made it to Wisconsin twice this year including the Ice Age trail, Madison and Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
    John recently posted..Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, WisconsinMy Profile

• Becky on September 19, 2017 at 4:56 pm

You’re welcome John. Madison’s a nice place to visit.

3. Steve Johnson on September 15, 2017 at 12:53 pm

The tractor doesn’t seem like it still runs. You dad must be an efficient farming legend. Is he still alive?
    Steve Johnson recently posted..Best Time to go Fishing on a DayMy Profile

• Becky on September 15, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Trust me, it runs. My dad is 67 and still cuts and hauls enough firewood with that tractor each summer to heat our family home through the long Wisconsin winters. He’s a pretty amazing guy.

4. Keri on September 13, 2017 at 11:49 am

We are currently hosting at Clear Lake Campground and thinking of you. Daytime temperatures will be around 80 this week. Passed Torpy Park on the way into town today. Back in the 1960’s, swam there as a little kid, when my great-aunt worked at the concession stand. Fond memories.

• Becky on September 14, 2017 at 9:46 am

Yeah I was thinking the warm weather was over Keri and then it came back! Thanks for the thoughts and I hope the rest of the season treats you well. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Airstreaming Pagey on September 12, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Like your Tardis t-shirt!

• Becky on September 14, 2017 at 9:44 am

Thanks Pagey.

6. S Kaeseman on September 12, 2017 at 11:55 am

Love all the pictures, you do have a pretty good eye for photos. Love your dad’s old tractor.He seems to be a man who knows how to take care of something worth taking care of, oh and the tractor is is good condition also.
    Until Thursday, may God continue to Bless you and yours and your adventures are all fun.
    Respectfully,
    S. and B. Kaeseman

• Becky on September 14, 2017 at 9:43 am

Thanks S and B!

7. Bob field on September 12, 2017 at 6:26 am

Great pictures. Love the tardis.
    Bob

• Becky on September 13, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Thanks.

8. Jodee Gravel on September 11, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Still can’t believe your pics are from your cell phone!

Hard to believe summer is in the rear view mirror, but I’m glad to see it go.
    Jodee Gravel recently posted..Escaping Through IdahoMy Profile

• Becky on September 12, 2017 at 11:27 am

Smartphones have some quite excellent cameras these days. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m of a mixed mind. I love fall but am not fond of winter, and the end of summer means, in the immortal words of House Stark, “Winter is coming”. ๐Ÿ˜›

9. Rick on September 11, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Looks like your dad has been working on a good firewood supply. Lol

• Becky on September 12, 2017 at 11:25 am

Yep, my dad is pretty amazing. He cuts and hauls enough wood to heat the family home all through the long Wisconsin winters.

10. Jim on September 11, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I think I know that Minocqua picture, is that behind the brewery?

• Becky on September 12, 2017 at 11:23 am

That’s Torpy Park and it is located just east (behind) of Minocqua Brewing Company, but that brewery is fairly recent and the park has been there a long time.

Have practical RVing advice and inspirational travel stories sent straight to your inbox.

Your email is safe with me and you can unsubscribe anytime.