Full-time Travel Isn’t Comfortable

Five years I’ve been on the road now. Five years of explaining to strangers I meet in my travels about what I do. Five years of hearing people say they wish they could do that too. Five years of asking why they don’t.

Some of these people have given travel serious thought and have concrete reasons. They’re focusing on a different goal right now that matters more. They’re caring for a family member who needs extra help, or are raising kids and don’t feel that a nomadic life would suit their family well.

But I also get a plethora of answers that wouldn’t automatically exclude someone from being a full-time RVer, from: “My job isn’t travel friendly” to “I have pets” to “I could never give up all my clothes”.

And I can tell them that I quit my 9-5 job and was able to earn a living work-camping seasonally without any special skills. That I know successful full-timers who’ve brought multiple pets on the road… I even know a couple who travels with a goat and another lady who has a chicken. I can offer advice on how to make downsizing less painful and mixing and matching outfits to make a limited wardrobe more versatile.

But most of these people will never do anything with this knowledge, their reasons are mere excuses for the deeper reason: Because going full-timing isn’t comfortable, and staying where they are is – even if they aren’t enjoying it.

Just some food for thought.

Related Links:

Related Posts

Forget about what the world tells you your life should be like. At IO I teach people how to ditch the status quo and go full-time RVing before retirement. Included at no additional charge: seizing your dreams, living boldly, and making a difference.

1. Ellen on December 29, 2017 at 7:11 pm

If we’re really honest with ourselves…it really is all just stuff. We’re roughly a year or so out and when we talk about getting rid of stuff there’s a price tag. Well…no… there isn’t. You either want to get rid of things or you don’t.
    You either take the leap or you find reasons not to. Surprisingly enough, he has price tags and I say let it go. We haven’t looked at or used some of these things in years. They don’t all of the sudden become important.

2. Judy Full-timer on December 29, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Home really is wherever you make it, even if that means it is in a parking lot. It’s where I sleep, where my things live, and where I spend my days, so it truly is home.

And as far as home being a place, after a few years of traveling, a lot of places also feel like home. I mostly alternate winters in Florida and the Southwest, and have kids on both ends of the country, so I will have quite a few state and national parks that feel like home to me, especially when I return after several months or even a year or two away.

I have a very few family things I travel with, like my mother’s old cookbook, her music box my dad gave her, some of her jewelry I have inherited, but the rest of my stuff is just stuff. And I have some boxes of family photos and mementos stored at one son’s house for someday when I have to quit the RV life. And a lot of my memories are saved electronically, so those are always with me.

Anyway, I live and travel in the only home I really feel I need. The only thing I really miss is not being able to have a garden, but the scenery makes up for that!

3. Becky on December 26, 2017 at 11:09 am

Kathi – Best of luck to you! Looks like you and your husband have worked out a good plan that works for both of you.

JJ – I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it – I have a much larger circle of friends and a much greater sense of community on the road than I had living stationary. Traveling alone doesn’t have to be lonely. 🙂

Ellen – I’m glad you found this post helpful and inspiring. Safe travels and happy trails.

4. Kathi Foy on December 23, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Thanks Becky and all who have commented on this topic. I’m testing out van dwelling this summer by volunteering as a campground host. I’ll work 5 days and be with family 2. I’ll be 118 miles from my husband, my adult children and grandchildren and our home base. After a year of retirement and many conversations, we found that we had different goals for retirement with the primary one being staying together. My husband doesn’t enjoy travel and is in the early stages of dementia. We’re having an Estate Sale next week, putting our house on the market and moving into an independent living apt in a community that also includes assisted and skilled living. My husband will have folks to check in on him daily, a community he can be part of and get used to as his disease progresses. I’ll be able to travel, check in and assess the situation as time goes by. I’ll be in our 2012 paid for Toyota Sienna, so won’t have to purchase a vehicle. It is outfitted with stuff from home. My only purchases so far have been a comfortable cot and refletix (sp?) for making window covers. The only thing in my life that has ever stayed the same is change. When I’m uncomfortable, I take it as a cue that I’m continuing to grow.

• JJ on December 23, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Eloquent, and profound statements and…decisions. You’re an inspiration for setting the line and crossing over to a whole new life style. Good for you…the only thing I’d throw in there is having some place to “land” in case the road or the lifestyle doesn’t pan out for you as expected, or something thwarts your dream.

Just in this blog article, I’ve heard a little voice saying over a half-dozen times, “hey, that’s exactly how I feel”. Seems boondocking is nothing short of a calling to launch out by yourself (or with a partner), but actually DOING it makes you a part of a wide, wonderful group of people who have some inner core hearing the call of the tarmac, to the extent of leaving everything you’ve built in life, behind. It’s extraordinary. Maybe traveling alone doesn’t have to be…alone.

Here’s hoping you find your peace and fun on the road, Kathi!
      JJ recently posted..The “D” WordMy Profile

5. Kevin on December 23, 2017 at 9:32 am

I think that you can go even one step further beyond the “excuses”. I feel that fear controls the life of most people… fear of the unknown.

6. Ellen on December 22, 2017 at 3:08 pm

I too loved this article. And like some of the other readers put off reading it out of fear I was going to hear things that I wasn’t ready to hear yet.
    My husband and I are both so looking forward to full time travel. We’ve been together 18 years or so and started talking about it when we first met. It’s now time to start looking for the RV, planning the “getting rid of our stuff” and listening to our kids saying “are you sure?”.
    I’m reading several blogs but always come back to the travel insights. The pluses and minuses are laid out pretty well for us. You make me think about the things that might cause issues on the road and then… I see one of your photos and realize that it’s something he and I can handle together. And we’re so looking forward to full time travel along with the challenges it may bring.

7. Becky on December 22, 2017 at 2:37 pm

I’m grateful for the conversation this post has sparked! Thanks for sharing everyone.

Alane, I wrote a post about downsizing years ago when I was going through it myself. It’s listed on the Resources page. If you haven’t seen it yet, here you go: https://www.interstellarorchard.com/2011/11/21/in-pursuit-of-downsizing/

8. Alane on December 22, 2017 at 8:38 am

When I saw the title of this blog post, I thought you would be writing about the discomforts of living in an RV: noisy campgrounds, cold nights, cramped quarters. I actually postponed reading this post because I thought it might discourage me–and I am in that delicate time when I have just made hard-to-undo commitments to a full-time RVing future. What I could use is support. And I got it, hooray! Loved this post. For me, staying in my current life is uncomfortable and I have faith that the joys of full-timing will make it worth it to pass through the chaos of dismantling my current patterns of living. I emptied out a room in my house and am using it to sort through belongings. I’ve already given away boxes full of stuff and have so much more to get through after living 28 years in this house. Unloading possessions is emotionally draining, but liberating, too. Those who have done it–any tips for getting through the stage of letting go?

• Deb on December 23, 2017 at 7:27 am

Alan, the biggest surprise to giving away our “stuff” or selling it…..is that no one actually wants it. Our houseful of cherished furniture and belongings saved for our kids….they said no thanks, same as i said no thanks to my moms stuff. Just sell, auction or donate. All of it. After it is gone, i promise you wont miss it and you will feel freer. Have a “free” sale. We did that at a local flea market and made more cash than when things were priced. People couldnt take “free” without handing over some cash. Dont drag it out or anguish over items. Good luck

• JJ on December 23, 2017 at 9:36 am

Deb, I’ve been working for over 1.5 years to purge. Getting rid of stuff is like the layers of an onion: the ‘deeper’ layers are the items that have a lot of emotional baggage with it, and it’s definitely the hardest to let go of. I’m inspired to hear your realistic feedback, before trying myself, to sell what I think has value to others. (Heck, I paid $30 for this purse on eBay, why wouldn’t someone else??) But it doesn’t work like that, unless I want to repost on garage-sale sites and wait 6 years for the stuff to sell. Noooooooo…won’t waste the time.
        Thanks for posting!
        JJ recently posted..The “D” WordMy Profile

9. Lee on December 22, 2017 at 7:56 am

I love this post. I’ve always lived outside the “box.” And for me there are two choices. Comfort or Courage.

10. Virginia on December 21, 2017 at 7:19 pm

My “stuff” involves 3 ponies. 🙂 So while I love to wander, I love my ponies more. But I also immensely enjoy living vicariously through your pen and lens. Merry Everything and Happy Always!

11. Ann on December 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm

I’ve made (and maybe gotten a little addicted to making) big changes in my life every so many years, and have teetered on the precipice of making another one for a couple of years now. I’m slower to do it now because I’ve managed to learn from earlier actions (thank goodness). Change is difficult because most of us accept that we can’t rely on the leap being all roses; all lives have struggles and will the new struggles be worse than the current ones? I also think we tend to believe we have to think about the change we’re contemplating as being permanent, as in we can’t go back or undo. That’s partly true usually – we may not be able to return to an abandoned job if we change our minds two years later. Accepting that life will be permanently different … that’s the big piece to swallow. I’ve made a few rough transitions, but here I am again, seven years later, itching to do it again!

12. Ellen on December 19, 2017 at 6:00 pm

I love this post! We have a time frame in mind for full-time travel and our family thinks it’s just talk. We’ve done lots of research and can’t wait to get rid of the “stuff”. We’ve talked about the pros and cons and decided that the only way to give it a fair shot is to dive in full time. Otherwise we will have an “easy out”. And we’re so looking forward to it. We call it turtle traveling and have been doing it since we started dating. The slow life sounds like a good plan to us. And if it doesn’t work out… we can always rethink our options.

13. Sue on December 19, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Full timing is not for everyone, but it seems to me that having a dream no matter what it is (write a book, run a marathon, perform stand up comedy, get an education, learn to juggle) and going for it in some way (small or large) is what makes life worthwhile.

Good for you, Becky for your blog, videos and books that inspire people to dream.

14. Becky on December 19, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Good thoughts everyone, thanks for sharing!

A lot of you really resonated with this post, you’re welcome and I’m glad you’re enjoying IO.

Some of you fall into that first category I mentioned in the article: you’ve given full-time travel thought and have good reasons for not hitting the road. It’s good that you know yourselves and what you want and I’m glad you’ve chosen to follow IO to satisfy your nomadic curiosity.

Have a great week all!

15. Mrs. Ramble on December 19, 2017 at 12:35 pm

So very true, change is inconvenient for a majority of people! We enjoy your blog and started full-time RV traveling a month ago. Thought you might enjoy this specific post from our blog about change as we shared similar perceptions, https://www.ramblealong.com/walls-are-funny/

16. Rodolfo Tenorio on December 19, 2017 at 11:52 am

Change is harder than maintaining the status quo. Some of us enjoy traveling and seeing new things some like the routine and some tolerate the routine. Similarly, I have asked people who live in extremely cold places,. WHY??? The answer MOSTLY is I like it but for so many, not really, they just tolerate because change seems so scary. Thank you for your writings.

17. Ken w on December 19, 2017 at 10:14 am

Well said!

18. Michelle Wilson on December 19, 2017 at 9:57 am

I’ve stopped talking about going full time with my brother and his fam since they are so negative about it. I’m going along, one step at a time, setting everything up. My goal now is be in my trailer FT by March 1. You have been my inspiration this past year, Becky. Even tho I’m retired and work PT from home, I still have the roaming itch. Woman alone, responsible for upkeep of trailer and pickup – why not? I’m no shrinking violet. Woman power! Thanks for these thoughts. You are so good at putting into words the sprinkled thoughts I have.

• Mike on December 20, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Welcome in advance to your Full Timing Adventure.
      I have been FT for over 3 years, and I have friends that still don’t understand the freedom I experience on a daily basis.

19. Mike and Gerri on December 19, 2017 at 9:49 am

Good thoughts…very good!!

20. Mike on December 19, 2017 at 8:40 am

The older I get, I understand people more, but it is a head shaker. Shown a better way, or a more fulfilling way to live, people would rather stay where they are than take a chance. I heard a quote years ago, “people would rather be praised than punished, but they would rather be punished than ignored”. Humans adapt to their situation. “I may be in a mess, but it is a familiar mess”. Those people choose to ‘take it to the grave’.

21. Rhonda on December 19, 2017 at 7:49 am

“Because going full-timing isn’t comfortable, and staying where they are is – even if they aren’t enjoying it.” On the surface that statement is correct. However…many “would be” full time travelers have deeper connections which keep them tethered. The commitment to a 30 year marriage with a person who chooses not to travel, perhaps. The desire to remain put to be a part of grandchildrens’ lives (if only for a few short years) knowing they will grow up much too fast.

The fact is that the “should I stay or should I go” issue is not black and white; it falls into one of those vast areas of gray in this life. The trick is to find a balance which suits an individual’s quest for adventure as well as satisifies their desire to stay connected with loved ones. I am comfortable staying put *for now* but that does not make my life less enjoyable. Folks like you, Becky, who give much of themselves to share the nomad life with those of us who are staying put out of choice helps to keep our lives more enjoyable. Arm chair travel can be the mediator to the absolute best of both worlds!

• Becky on December 19, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Then you fall into that first category right now Rhonda, those who’ve given it thought but have good reasons for not hitting the road. 🙂

I’m glad you’re enjoying IO!

22. Michelle on December 19, 2017 at 7:32 am

Thank you Becky and others for your comments. I came across Becky and Interstellar Orchard from watching youtube videos about RVing and small houses. I watched these videos to learn more about the lifestyles (my husband and I currently camp for fun/vacations in our Lance truck camper or 22 foot Arctic Fox travel trailer). After watching the videos, I started to ask myself if this lifestyle was what I wanted. I knew the answer was no. Why was I watching these videos? I think it was for inspiration: to see other people committing themselves to their beliefs and values. By sharing your nomadic spirits, you have helped me to keep living, questioning, and refining my beliefs and values. Thank you.

• Becky on December 19, 2017 at 2:30 pm

You’re quite welcome Michelle!

23. James Messick on December 19, 2017 at 6:53 am

I hope to take extended travel breaks in the future, but for myself I feel that I’ll always need a ‘fort’ to come home to. Currently it’s relationships with static people, and pets, that keep me here but hopefully I’ll be able to get the right vehicle and begin to hit the road for long trips soon.
    James Messick recently posted..DurhamMy Profile

24. Anita Thompson on December 19, 2017 at 6:06 am

We did full time for 18 years. I miss it. STAYING in one place is very uncomfortable for ME. Our big reason for coming off the road is that My Husbands Health Issues were becoming increasingly more difficult to deal with.
    We still take shorter trips . . .for a week or so. stay at hotels. ALWAYS forget something that would not have been forgotten if we had our HOME with us.
    Choices. For Now this is what’s best. I LOVE getting your blogs, and though I don’t respond often, I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for feeding my wander-lust dreams.

25. Ann in Tacoma on December 19, 2017 at 12:53 am

Amen, Becky. Great post and very well written, as usual. That one sentence can also be written conversely, “The people who make the leap are those for whom the benefits of change outweigh the benefits of keeping things the way they are.” It’s a balancing act that each one of us decides on. I majored in math and computer programming in college in the 1960s when there weren’t many women doing that. I’m a retired diesel/gas truck mechanic, and later got into the IT/computer field long before many women were in it (and retired from that as well). I’ve owned two cruising size power boats, the most recent one a 1940 40′ Matthews with original engines. Talk about stuff that people question me about! I’ve loved everything I’ve done and wouldn’t undo any of it. And now I’m approaching 70 and purchased a used 20-ft trailer a year ago … and am now selling it and have ordered a brand new Escape 21-footer. I sold my home and downsized and yet will keep my senior living 2-bedroom condo. Just in the past year, I’ve gotten the same questions that you get, and the same comments about people “wishing” they could go RV-ing. As you say, lots of folks really can’t, but lots of folks can! I say … make your choice, accept your choice, enjoy your choice, and then read Becky’s blog to live vicariously! 🙂
    Ann in Tacoma recently posted..Coho Campground, part 6My Profile

• Becky on December 19, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Haha, thanks Ann. Enjoy your new Escape. 🙂

26. Jodee Gravel on December 18, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Every time we meet with folks who are living a stationary life it takes them ten minutes to catch us up on what they’ve been doing since we last saw them. At the same time we have to consciously stop telling them about all we’ve seen and done and experienced and explored during the same period of time. There are a lot of reasons, and sometimes excuses, for living the same life day after day and year after year, but it’s sure not for us.

Full time travel is the most comfortable lifestyle I’ve lived :-))
    Jodee Gravel recently posted..Evacuate!! Evacuate!! Evacuate Now!My Profile

27. Kevin in CO on December 18, 2017 at 6:17 pm

I fantasize often about full time RVing, reading your blog, and others like wheelingit, rvsue, bayfield, living the dream. However, I also very much enjoy our fixed sticks and bricks home. My dear wife is good for a couple months on the road, and I guess I am good for about that myself. Then, we like being home for a while. We both like the escape from winter to the desert as well as a thoroughly planned trip in the summer.

Every trip, we combine some familiar places with some new places. That makes it fun, yet we can fall into something familiar when we need to rest our sealegs.

28. Jeff on December 18, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Certainly it is hard to leave ones comfort zone for an unknown adventure and life style. When it comes time to stop traveling hang up the keys we still want it to be here in San Diego, so we rent the house in the summer and travel from here. Which is another way to travel, no RV needed – look for a rental in a desired destination, then return to the comfort zone. Full timing is lifestyle that Becky has mastered, but we can all travel.

29. Evelyn Breutzmann on December 18, 2017 at 5:10 pm

So very true, Becky. When we first told people what we were doing, I couldn’t believe how many people were negative with so many fearful comments and reasons they couldn’t do it. They had so many what ifs they worried about. I answered with it was a calculated risk, we had done our homework, and just what if we had 10 extra years of an awesome adventure rather than waiting to retire. We are in year 8 and loving every minute.
    Evelyn Breutzmann recently posted..Happy Birthday KevinMy Profile

30. Rick & Brock the Dog on December 18, 2017 at 4:35 pm

“The people who make the leap are those for whom the discomfort of change is outweighed by the discomfort of keeping things the way they are.”

Boy, the quote above just about says it all. Great post. I’ve been poking along till this weekend when I read a bunch of great RV blogs. Very inspiring and decided that basically I didn’t want the same old, same old next year. So I’m retiring in July. Gives me six months to get moving forward on things.

• Rob on December 18, 2017 at 8:22 pm

6 months…. Man I have to say that getting it all together to hit the road took longer than I really thought it would. Getting rid of the stuff was the hardest part & has taken the longest.
      Start yesterday & good luck!

• Becky on December 19, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Congrats on your impending retirement, Rick!

31. Dave on December 18, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Travel was never intended for the faint of heart.

32. Vicky on December 18, 2017 at 2:54 pm

My reason is that my husband has a terminal illness so for now home is where I need to be. One day I will be able to pursue my dream of full time RV living.

• Anne S on December 19, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Vicky I feel for you, and wish you the best. I treasure the (not always easy) time I spent caring for my husband. Full timing is not my path, but do know that whatever your path is, it will help you deal with whatever is to come. You have my heartfelt support.

33. Donna on December 18, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Different strokes for different folks. What works for some doesn’t work for others. For me, it’s a grandson that keeps me in one place. And I’m very happy with that.
    Donna recently posted..training on and onMy Profile

34. Rob on December 18, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Stepping into this life is a big change & change is hard for most people.

Then there is the “stuff”. Too much stuff is the problem & it’s one I still have after 5 years on the road…

• Rob on December 18, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I was thinking about this today & the thing I do miss the most is a good internet connection.

35. Rene Kipp on December 18, 2017 at 11:49 am

Yes, I’m sure you’ve “heard it all”… People just need to do what is right for them. No matter what someone says, it’s up to the individual whether they want to change or not. For some, living is simply a habit.
    Rene Kipp recently posted..Three Weeks Away & A New HomeMy Profile

• Elisa on December 19, 2017 at 8:40 am

Rene, I’ve never seen my situation described so accurately: “For some, living is simply a habit.”

I’m recently retired and have terrible wanderlust. Unfortunately, my younger husband is still working and has no plans to retire. I fear that my desire to hit the road (which we did in 2008 for 6 months – on motorcycles with a tent) will never be fulfilled again.

Instead, I live vicariously through those nomad souls who are fulfilling my dream. Thanks for posting.

• Rene Kipp on December 19, 2017 at 11:11 am

Thanks Elisa! Perhaps you could take short solo trips. My mom, 80 years young, takes trips by herself often whenever she needs some alone time. It helps her wanderlust and also keeps her active at the same time 🙂

• Becky on December 19, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I’m with Rene, could you get away on solo trips now and then? I know several married women who have husbands that don’t enjoy travel, so they travel on their own.

• JJ on December 22, 2017 at 9:27 am

I’m in the same situation, Elisa. Second husband is 11 years my junior, loves his job and even more, prefers spending his time off working on the house. I’m retired 6 years now and am going nuts because I’ve tidied, purged, organized, cleaned, renovated, & decorated every corner of this house, and have dreampt about van camping cross-country (something I did twice with the first husband) the whole time. I’ve gotten serious about this dream, now, and am actively searching for the right van, and I’ll simply do the drive myself, if I have to. I think seeing new places without him will make me feel lonely, but there’s always the alternative to do much of the distance on my own, and then he would fly out to meet me, where we’ll do the return-leg together. Just hope I don’t die or get sick before I can do this again!!

• Elisa on December 22, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Thanks for your insight, JJ. The die or get sick issue needs to be considered. Not to be maudlin – but none of us knows how much time we have left – hence my urgency to hit the road again.

Also, my husband had a recurrence of his cancer in 2015 and we are smack in the middle of his “5 years until cured” timeframe. I try to convince him that the money will last, but time and health may not. He’s unmoved, perhaps because if he doesn’t acknowledge his situation it will miraculously disappear! But, that’s another issue entirely.

I’m not too keen on traveling alone because much of the joy of being on the road, for me – is being with him.

I’ll keep working on him. I hope your husband will understand how important your dream is to you and can find it in his heart to help you realize it.

I guess that’s what we get for “robbing the cradle”. LOL

• Deb on December 23, 2017 at 7:14 am

Elisa, i am in a similar situation. My husband wont retire and by the end of his workday, he is happy with the routine of tv and falling asleep in his chair. My endless attempts to go fulltime were getting me nowhere and making him angry. We just yesterday returned from a less than perfect 4 wk camping vaca. During this vacation, i finally realized ” i can full time” while he does his thing. I am going to make over our camping van for a single person and go out for 2-3 months at a time, come back n check in with him and go again. I cant wait for him to do something he will never do and i cant be sorry i never did something i want to do. Yesterday i turned 68. There is a deadline somewhere ahead much closer than it used to be. I will have a wonderful life on the road while i can. He can be happy too.

• Mike on December 24, 2017 at 8:39 am

Welcome to the adventure, Deb.

• Elisa on December 27, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Thanks for the response, Deb. I have considered going out on my own in the hopes that he might come around and realize what he would be missing – and little by little, I think I might get him to join me. Honestly, going out on my own would be my last resort, since his time may be more limited than mine. I figure that I’ll have time to RV alone after he’s gone. I guess I feel that I might be acting a bit selfish to head out without him right now.

As far as your situation goes, I give you extreme kudos for following your dream. I’ll be 66 in July, so you are not that far ahead of me! Good luck and have a blast.

36. shawn gregory on December 18, 2017 at 11:36 am

It comes down to what you value, what is important. living, experiences, nature, etc, or, things.. that simple usually.

sometimes illness or children etc make it hard, but usually, its stuff, and comfort, or, fear.

37. Joan Hardy on December 18, 2017 at 11:23 am

I used to have a fair amount of money (and my former husband of course). We lost it all and it went even deeper. I thought my life was over as far as hope or joy. I felt guilty and I still feel ashamed for my sons’ lost opportunities. I now have a little nest egg. It’s my house. It’s no home. My ex-husband borrows money from our sons. I haven’t asked or taken a dime from them. In my youth I used to quit jobs to go on trips. I went to 13 high schools by the time I graduated high school as my father was an Army Sgt. until I was about 18. I loved change and discovery. Now I’m in fear of my age. There isn’t as much to use for recovering from big mistakes. Then the biggest fear is that I would ever be a burden to my sons. This conflict is running deep and I think I’m leaning towards creating discovery again. I’m getting rid of things. I quit buying furniture. I have my ear on the real estate market. It looks like I’m headed that way but time will tell. How personal is this message? A little much.
    Joan Hardy recently posted..Footloose 2-Year Anniversary Recap, Part 1My Profile

• Becky on December 19, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Thank you for sharing something so personal Joan. I wish you all the best on your journey.

38. Alan Belisle on December 18, 2017 at 11:12 am

We have been traveling just two years, and we have that conversation all the time too. The most popular “why not” reason seems to be about stuff. People have not just a home, but also a collection of stuff. And they can not get rid of that stuff. Even people who can sell off the house, will still load a storage locker with the stuff they can’t stand to get rid of.
    Alan Belisle recently posted..Footloose 2-Year Anniversary Recap, Part 1My Profile

39. DANNIE RIOS on December 18, 2017 at 10:53 am

People don’t like change and uncertainty. I am glad it works out for you. One has to see if he or she likes that lifestyle.

Have practical RVing advice and inspirational travel stories sent straight to your inbox.

Your email is safe with me and you can unsubscribe anytime.